Supervision and coordination of site personnel and subcontractors, the reporting of all relevant site activities and managing the quality of work performed. Responsible for scheduling, workface planning, and ensuring the safety, and application of all Labor Relations policies and procedures in the construction site.
- Ensuring that the daily site work is performed in accordance with the company construction program.
- Ensuring the effective an efficient use of all site resource (labor, machinery, materials, sub-contractors etc.) in order to achieve timely completion of projects
- Understanding and communicating Company’s HSE Policies and Procedures, ensuring all personnel adhere to them at all times.
- Ensuring the appropriate safety equipment is worn by site personnel at all times.
- Delegating tasks to direct subordinates in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements
- Ordering materials and managing manpower to ensure the job is completed on time and within budget.
- Identifying needs for crew safety training and facilitates delivery of training
- Participating in safety/incident investigations and reviews and ensuring timely responses, actions and corrections to any safety issues.
- Ordering manpower as required and assessing competency and capability of foremen; evaluating crew capability, training, coaching to ensure that the crew meets required levels of quality to achieve company objectives.
- Applying the principles MID’s project policies and procedures an ensuring crew compliance.
- Mentoring labors and assigning crew tasks to fulfill contractual obligations within preset timescales according to project plan.
- Verifying that the field installation work equipment, which includes all tools and materials required by the crew are available and complete
- Reviewing, updating and adjusting specific workface activities and task schedules to meet planned schedules.
- Overseeing the execution of the work activities, including quality and production, by ensuring that the subordinates work to job specifications and follow drawings and contractual commitments.
Education Level: Diploma /Vocational Training Center Certificate in Civil Engineering or another related field
Experience Minimum 15 years of experience in construction work.
Languages Required Good in written and spoken English language
- Adherence to company’s Policies and Procedures
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Management
- Cost Consciousness
- Knowledge in Material Specifications
- Knowledge in Building Codes
- Knowledge in Drawing & Schematic Readings & Interpretations of Electrical, Mechanical & Structural Plans
- Knowledge in Reading Soil Analysis Reports
- Project Management
- Project Time Management
- Technical Reports