The design of the new Ferry Berth comprised the provision of a new floating Pontoon and a link span (Done by others) secured to a bank seat on new reclaimed area of shore.
MID Contracting scope:
All civil and marine works to enable the Pontoon and Linkspan to be installed and made operational and including the following:
- Installation of 46No.’s offshore raking tubular piles to 8No.’s berthing dolphins,
- 2No.’s restraint dolphins and 1No. Bankseat,
- Installation of below water anchor tubular piles to Buoys, sheet piles and associated anchor wall and tie rods.
- 18,000m3 earthworks including 3,000m3 below water level.
- 13,000m2 pavements,
- surface water drainage system and gullies and interceptor.
- 750m3 reinforced concrete construction to dolphins/bank-seat on and offshore, including concrete plug for the tubular piles
- Installation of 3 No.’s mooring buoys (Floating anchor) and anchorage system.
- Bollards, fenders, ladders, railings, ancillary works, Aluminum Catwalks between berthing dolphins, Lighting to dolphins and catwalks, Bathymetric survey and geotechnical bore holes for the sea bed
- The project included also onshore concrete walls, access gates, weighbridge and concrete pavement slabs with a total area 2000m2 on top of the reclaimed area