Act as a day-to-day supervisor on a construction site (civil, mechanical or electrical), and overseeing and checking that work is carried out to schedule and within assigned resources and quality. Supervising staff and ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales and liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff on construction matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the proper implementation of construction work within pre-agreed timescales.
- Scheduling work priorities and activities in line with the Section plans and Construction Schedule referring unresolved conflicts to Section Engineer.
- Supervising the work of General Foremen and ensuring the adherence to full compliance with all relevant standards (Contract documents, specifications, method statements, MID’s policy and procedures)
- Maintaining and updating data collection systems, providing standard reports as necessary to ensure that Project Management has the necessary up to date information and data to effectively manage the project to meet its objectives
- Overseeing building work and undertaking related surveys to ensure compliance to contracts and MID’s policies and procedures.
- Supervising contracted staff and ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales and liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff on construction matters.
- Ensuring that communication regarding any changes in plan have reached the engineers/Contractors and/or Sub-Contractor’s representatives.
- Assisting in necessary project documentation and accurately inventorying the jobsite and ensuring that the supplies are properly maintained.
- Conducting regular job site inspections and assisting in the quality and safety audit
- Ensuring that construction QA/QC processes are being implemented by the contractor & subcontractors.
- Planning and arranging for the disposal of plant, equipment, materials, buildings and other assets.
- Management of daily site activities; including labors productivities and subcontractor’s performance.
- Directing systems, standards, procedures and methodologies to facilitate the provision and operation to the high standard of performance expected in the project.
- Providing support, advice and assistance to project manager and site staff as appropriate.
- Train subordinate as well as project team to implement best practices methodologies.
- Education Level: B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
- Experience: 0-4 years’ experience in a related field
- Languages Required: Proficiency in both written and spoken Arabic and English languages
- Advanced training courses in Project Management
- Advanced training courses in Planning & Scheduling
- Advanced training courses in Communication Skills
- Ability to Learn
- Adherence to company’s Policies and Procedures
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Management
- Cost Consciousness
- Relationships Management
- Resource Utilization
- Design & Specification
- Knowledge in Material Specifications
- Knowledge in Building Codes
- Knowledge in Specialized Software Applications
- Knowledge in Drawing & Schematic Readings & Interpretations of Electrical, Mechanical & Structural Plans
- Knowledge in Reading Soil Analysis Reports
- Project Management
- Project Time Management
- Technical Reports
- Knowledge in Safety Codes & Regulations
- Knowledge of Building Permits